OnePlus has unveiled their second phone of 2015 and it’s an attractive package for the money. For $250, no contract, you get Gorilla Glass 3, front and back , a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor (not the latest, but still very capable), a 5 inch full HD AMOLED display, Oxygen OS 5.1 (based on Android 5.1), 3 GB of RAM, 16 GIG of on board storage and up to 128 GIG of MicroSD support. The cameras give us 13 megapixel rear (f/2.2 and 1080p video) and 8 megapixel front. The battery is pretty good sized at 2525 mAH for pushing the 1080p display.
The invite system is still in force, but hopefully better. It stays the same for the first month, but then should open up for anyone who wants to buy the phone. The European market can get it starting on November 5th, with U.S. sales beginning on November 19th. That will be almost at the end of the first month, so American’s will hopefully be spared the invite process for the most part.
Since Marshmallow is still to come, OnePlus has built-in its own app permissions allowing the user to specify what apps have access to specific permissions. Also, they have built-in an FM Radio app. A porcelain version of the device will be coming soon that is slightly different. Instead of a curved edge, there’s a sharper angle that slopes toward the bezel. That one will cost $350.
OnePlus X Specs
- OS: Oxygen OS 5.1 based on Android 5.1
- CPU: Snapdragon 801 processor
- Screen: 5-inch 1920×1080 AMOLED (441 PPI)
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 16GB + MicroSD up to 128GB
- Camera: 13 megapixel rear (f/2.2 and 1080p video) / 8 megapixel front
- Battery: 2,525 mAh
- Dimensions: 5.51 x 2.72 x 0.27 inches
- Weight: 4.86 ounces (5.64 w/ ceramic)
- Colors: Onyx and Ceramic
- Price and Availability: $250 – $350 (depending on material); Available November 5
- Extra Notes: SIM tray can use nano SIM and microsSD or a microSIM, no USB Type-C
Ordering is strickly though OnePlus:
Thanks for taking the time to read this post and we sincerely hope you found it helpful and enjoyable! Please feel free to leave your thoughts down below in the comments and don’t forget to subscribe to Bane Tech onYouTube, Google+, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram!