One of the first things I like to do when I get a device is root it, if possible. The Nexus 6 has been released along with a root method thanks for ChainFire. This guide will help you root your Nexus 6 in just minutes.
Prerequisites – Unlocked bootloader
2) Scroll down to find “Shamu” which is the code name for the Nexus 6 and click DOWNLOAD, on the page you’re brought to scroll down to the bottom and click the DOWNLOAD link. (Make sure to download the appropriate computer OS file).
3) Unzip the downloaded file. I use 7zip to do this task.
4) Power down the Nexus 6.
5) Boot into the bootloader – While the power is off hold down volume down and power button till you see “Reboot bootloader” and then press power to select OK. Once in the bootloader plug in the Nexus 6 to your computer.
6) Double click the AutoRoot Tool on your desktop. Press any key to continue. Follow the instructions on the screen
7) The tool takes over and runs the program. Let it do it’s thing and when it is complete you can unplug the device.
8) Locate the SuperSu app, open it, and make sure to check out the Pro version.
9) Verify root by using a RootChecker app.
10) YOU’RE ROOTED! Congrats!
Rooting the Nexus 6 is pretty simple thanks for ChainFire! Be sure to send him a tip/donation for all his work. If this guide helped out be sure to share the post. If you have questions feel free to ask below! Happy hacking!