One of the issues users are running across are text messaging problem when upgrading to iOS 8. Along with the release of iOS 8 are the two new Apple flagship devices. Often times when a new update comes out settings revert back to their defaults.
Fortunately there is an easy fix. Follow these simple steps to get those thumbs back to work.
- Go to Settings.
- Send & Receive. “You can be reached by iMessage at:”
- Make sure there is only a check by your phone number and any email address that you want to be able to receive the message.
Other Troubleshooting Methods:
- Make sure the “Do Not Disturb” feature is interfering with the iMessage.
- Restore from a previous backup.
- Make iMessage and SMS is turned on.
- Settings > Messages what are ‘iMessage’ and ‘Send as SMS’ checked as?
- Wipe the device and then restore from a backup (only do this step as last resort. Make a backup first).
If you have any questions about setting up your texting messaging for your iOS 8 device, please let us know.
Latest posts by Josh (see all)