Mobvoi introduces TicWatch E2 and TicWatch S2 at CES 2019. The watches are available to purchase now. Both smartwatches are based on Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear and Wear OS by GoogleTMand. TicWatch has been innovating their smartwatches rather well the last few years. In 2018, they made big steps in the smartwatch world with designs that not only look good but have practical use with great battery life. For more information please keep reading.
TicWatch E2 and TicWatch S2 Highlights
● A waterproof rating of 5 ATM (withstands the pressure of being submerged in water up to
50m), making it perfect for shallow swimming in the pool or surfing in the ocean
● Comes with a pre-loaded swim-monitoring mode to track your fitness progress in the water
● Increased 30% battery capacity from the first generation improves battery life to between 1-2 days
on a single charge depending on usage
● Powered by Wear OS by Google, with thousands of smartwatch apps and watch faces available
on Google Play and new proactive help from the Google Assistant
● Based on Qualcomm® Snapdragon WearTM 2100 platform
● A continuation of the award-winning designs from their first-generation designs
More About TicWatch E2 and TicWatch S2
One of the greatest editions to TicWatch, in my opinion, is running off of Google’s Wear OS. I have used Samsung’s Gear S3 and while I like that watch, I would prefer it run Wear OS vs Samsung’s own software.
“TicWatch E2 and TicWatch S2 are designed for those with really active lifestyles”, explained Zhifei Li, CEO and co-founder of Mobvoi. “These second-generation smartwatches help you stay connected and track your health and fitness data while you’re on the move. Whether that’s in a pool, at the gym, in the office or on the road, these TicWatches will move you.”
“Furthermore, our strategic collaborations with partners like Qualcomm result in smartwatches like you’re seeing here at CES, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We look forward to working closely with our partners to bring more game-changing innovation to the industry”, continued Li.
“The smartwatch segment is in the midst of significant innovation, which is helping drive exciting watch features, higher levels of performance, and improved battery life,” said Pankaj Kedia, senior director, product marketing, Qualcomm Atheros, Inc. “We continue to collaborate with Mobvoi on the success of the original TicWatch product and on the launch of a series of new, attractive Wear OS by Google smartwatches. TicWatch E2 and TicWatch S2, along with TicWatch C2 and TicWatch Pro, combine the capabilities of the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear platform with the product and system expertise of Mobvoi, bringing new choices to the increasingly discerning consumer.”
Pricing and Availability
- NOMAD 20% off code site wide - December 28
- Will the Apple MagSafe Wallet fall off with skinny jeans? - December 17
- Leather all the things! Nomad releases new leather sleeve and mousepad - December 15