Linksys WRT3200ACM Wi-Fi smart router is everything you need a router to be and more! Not only will power users appreciate what it offers, but the novice users won’t have a problem getting to know the WRT3200ACM. Homes are connected more than ever and it’s imperative to have the best equipment possible! Whether you’re binge watching your favorite show on Netflix or playing games online, this router is gonna get the job done. But there’s more to the WRT3200ACM than just basic WiFi needs.
Linksys WRT3200ACM Specifications & Features
- Tri-Stream 160 technology, which doubles the bandwidth on all spatial streams for the fastest dual-band router on the market.
- Gain access to restricted DFS channels at full bandwidth for the clearest Wi-Fi not available to most other routers
- 1.8 GHz CPU for high-powered performance.
- MU-MIMO technology for high-speed Wi-Fi to multiple devices at the same time, same speed.
- Open-source ready with OpenWrt and DD-WRT® for complete flexibility and customization of functions.
- Upgraded Smart Wi-Fi app to manage and monitor your home Wi-Fi from a mobile device, anytime, anywhere.
- 256MB Flash and 512MB of RAM Memory.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports.
Right away I was blown away of how simple and easy the setup was. There’s not a bunch of parts or steps to take at all. I honestly think I could teach my 6 year old daughter how to get this router setup. The packaging is minimal and all you’ve basically got to put together are the antennas, plug in the power source, and ethernet cable.
- Twist on the antennas (point them up)
- Plug the ethernet cable from the modem to the router (yellow port)
- Plug in the power source
- Flip on the power switch
- Then head over to a browser
- Type in the url given
- Type in the login info and follow the steps on the screen
Seven easy steps to get this thing going. It was by far the easiest setup I have ever done with a router! Once you’re on the Linksys website setting up your preferences you’ll notice more options, but again very user friendly.
This is just icing on the cake! You’ve got all the control in the palm of your hand. You’re able to manage everything you need right from the app. No need to be connected to that network either from the mobile device being used. There is access from anywhere, anytime.
• Remote Access – Access and manage your network from anywhere.
• Dashboard – Quickly view the status of your Wi-Fi network.
• Guest Access – Easily grant your friends and family Internet access on your separate guest network.
• Device Prioritization – Prioritize which devices on your network get the most bandwidth for less lag time and buffering.
• Parental Controls – Create a safe Internet experience for your kids, even while on-the-go. Control usage, restrict access to certain websites or block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
Routers and modems most internet providers provide hardly ever get the job done right. At least in my experience. In most cases, if you’re looking for the best internet experience you’ve got to upgrade the equipment. Gone are the days of one, maybe two devices being connected to the internet at home. Today we’ve got smartphones, tablets, computers, gaming systems, printers, media players, bluetooth speakers, and the list goes on. I’m just looking around my house as I am typing this out and actually surprised myself at how many WiFi enabled devices I have running at the moment. It’s a lot. Not to mention being that I create videos, content, and forms of media and upload/download that media on a daily basis.
Another factor about this router is range. Currently, the router is setup in the living room. My PC is in the master bedroom on the opposite side of the house. The previous router would only allow half the reception to be received on the PC. However, the PC is now getting full bars.
Prior to using the Linksys WRT3200ACM, internet speeds were only getting about 25-30mbps download. After running a speed test (feature on the Linksys website) I was getting faster speeds nearly peaking at about 40mbps download. To some of you, that might not seem like much, but consider my internet plan is maxed out at 25mbps download. So I am getting more speed than what my plan calls for. I’ll take it.
- SUPER simple setup
- Mobile App
- Total control and easy to manage those controls
Who Is This For?
The simple answer is everyone. But in particular consumers who match up well with this router are those who need it simple, accessible, full control, with great performance. As mentioned before, homes have many devices connected throughout the house and is essential to have the great equipment to give a great experience. After all, you’re hard earned money has gone towards those electronics, so let your internet work well with them, instead of against them.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post and sincerely hope it was found helpful and enjoyable! Please feel free to leave thoughts down below in the comments and don’t forget to subscribe to Bane Tech on YouTube, Periscope, Google+, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram!
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free
- The best MagSafe Car Mount Wireless Charging is CARMOUNT? [VIDEO] - December 29
- Google Pixel Buds Pro BIG DISCOUNT! Amazon - October 11
- Best iPhone 14 Pro Cases | Nomad, Apple, OtterBox, Spigen, and MORE! - September 19