iOS 6.0.1 was released earlier today. It is primarily a bug fix update. To install the update you can either connect to iTunes or go to your iDevice settings > General > Software Update. The iDevice will check for the update, if your iDevice update is available follow the prompts and install. Overall it took about 15 minutes altogether start to finish.
The Bug Fixes Include:
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air.
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard.
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off.
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks.
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances.
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match.
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen.
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
If you have any question about the update, let me know. I will be filming a video of how to install the update OTA soon. So stay tuned.