Google Pixel tempered glass screen protector was one of the first accessories I ordered as soon as I pre-ordered the Google Pixel XL from the Google Store. Tempered glass screen protectors are one of the essential accessories I like to get for every device if possible. This last year has been rather difficult to find good tempered glass screen protectors because many devices have some sort of curvature as part of the screen designs. Whether it’s an edge screen like the Galaxy S7 Edge or bubbled curves like an iPhone 7. Therefore, companies have to shrink down the width a little to avoid the ghosting edges from the bubbled edge pushing against the tempered glass. Fortunately, I discovered a tempered glass screen protector that works rather well.
For this review I am using the Supershieldz. I’ve used their product in the past and for the most part has been a good experience with any device used. Thus making them a company I recommend to try each time. This time around it is no exception. Long story short, this Google Pixel XL tempered glass screen protector work just fine. The Google Pixel XL has a slight bubbled curve on the edge of the screen, but Supershieldz managed to make an accurate cut with their tempered glass screen protector.
Google Pixel Tempered Glass Screen Protector Specifications
- Made from the Highest Quality Tempered-Glass with 100% Bubble-Free Adhesives for easy installation and no residue when removed
- 99.99% HD Clarity and Maintains the Original Touch Experience , 0.3mm 9H Hardness Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fingerprint, Bubble Free
- Hydrophobic and Oleo-phobic coatings protect against sweat and oil residue from fingerprint.
- Protected by Supershieldz No-Hassle Lifetime Replacement Warranty
Google Pixel Tempered Glass Screen Protector Review
As mentioned above the cut is accurate. The edge of the tempered glass screen protector comes right at the edge of the display. Therefore, not losing any view of the screen with an odd glare through the edge of the screen protector. Interestingly, HTC made the Google Pixel phones and the HTC 10 has a bigger bubbled edge and causes the use of a screen protector almost useless because of either a bad ghosting effect or the cut being to narrow.
Installation was a breeze. Through the process of placing the screen protector down I had to lift it up once to realign the screen protector. After getting the proper alignment, the screen protector installed without any issues. The kit comes with everything you need for a successful installation. It includes 2 tempered glass screen protectors, wet wipe, dry wipe, micro fiber cloth, and dust stickers.
- Be in a dust free environment
- Turn off fans and A/C
- Some people recommend installing after a shower because the steam will cause dust to lower and not float around
- Use the wet wipe first
- Dry it off with the cloth or dry wipe
- Dab the entire screen with the sticker to remove any dust/specs
- Inspect the screen by using the glare of a light source
- Face the film down and remove the film from the tempered glass screen protector
- Use the speaker and camera for alignment reference points
- Have the phone horizontal in front of you
- Look directly over the device and screen protector
- Line up the screen protector and do not place the whole thing down just part as you can readjust the alignment
- Once lined up press down the middle and the screen protector will self adhere
- Work out any air bubbles
If you’re in the market for buying a Google Pixel tempered glass screen protector, this is one to get. In my opinion the one works great, feels like glass, and is for a very low cost of $7.99 on Amazon. There are two tempered glass screen protectors included, which makes this a great value. Purchase link is below.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post and sincerely hope it was found helpful and enjoyable! Please feel free to leave thoughts down below in the comments and don’t forget to subscribe to Bane Tech on YouTube, Periscope, Google+, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram!