So you have unlocked the bootloader, got root, and now ready to install custom recovery on the Nexus 6. There is a REALLY quick and easy way to install a custom recovery without your computer. This method all you need is internet access on your Nexus 6, able to download a file and an app. Then flash! Follow the steps below to install a custom recovery for your Nexus 6.
For this tutorial I am using TWRP Custom Recover. There will be others you can use, but for now try TWRP.
Steps To Install Custom Recovery:
- Install TWRP App
- Open the app and select the menu on the top left
- Select Install TWRP (You will be taken to a webpage)
- Download the file img. (Near the middle of the page)
- Install Flashify from the Play Store
- Allow SuperSu permissions once opening Flashify
- Select Recovery Image
- Select Choose File
- Under Downloads Select the file “openrecovery-twrp-[version]-shamu.img
- Select Yup!
- Boot into Recovery if you want and
Watch the video walkthrough if you need a visual aid.