iOS 7 Beta 2 is now available to download. Apple has pushed out the update for developers. Technically, the beta releases are only meant for developers. The beta releases are normally not 100% functional, meaning expect flaws here and there. Beta 1 had some security flaws and others were discovered. This new beta release should have some of those security flaws tightened up along with some new features.
If you are not a developer and do not want to pay the $99 yearly fee, you are in luck. Follow this step by step guide to update your iPad or iPad mini to iOS 7 Beta.
Before you update:
- Please take in consideration that this will break jailbroken and unlocked devices. If you do not want to lose jailbreak or unlock, please do not proceed. You will need to wait for an iOS 7 jailbreak/unlock.
- If you want to proceed if you are jailbroken please unjailbreak, choose your respective firmware for your specific device and come on back here.
- If you are concerned about bricking your device, no fear, if you follow these steps carefully, you will be fine. But if for some odd reason things go wrong. You can restore using THIS process or downgrade using THIS process.
- You MUST be on the latest iTunes. You can download iTunes HERE
Get the files:
Next step is to get the proper files for iOS 7 Beta 2. Grab your respective file from HERE. There is no need to register with the website. But the option is up to you but expect to pay $8.
If you are not sure about what model number device you have simply head over to the Apple Identification Chart.
Install iOS 7 Beta 2:
- Open iTunes
- Connect your iDevice to your computer
- On the lefthand side panel choose your device (if do not see a panel, click view and select “Show Sidebar”
- Make a backup (I like to suggest to do both a backup to your computer and to iCloud
- Hold down Option and click Check for Update (Windows users hold down shift and click Check for Update)
- When the popup shows, select the IPSW file that corresponds with the file you downloaded earlier.
- Click OK
If for some reason you do not want to use iOS 7 Beta 2 anymore, simply connect your device to iTunes and Restore from the backup made.
- The best MagSafe Car Mount Wireless Charging is CARMOUNT? [VIDEO] - December 29
- Google Pixel Buds Pro BIG DISCOUNT! Amazon - October 11
- Best iPhone 14 Pro Cases | Nomad, Apple, OtterBox, Spigen, and MORE! - September 19