Honor has announced their new low cost Honor 6X. By far the Honor 5X was the best (IMO) low cost, budget friendly smartphone of last year. It’s now time for their 2016 edition. The Honor 6X looks very promising packed with some great specs for such a low cost!
- NETWORK Technology – GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Dimensions 150.9 x 72.6 x 8.2 mm (5.94 x 2.86 x 0.32 in)
- Weight 162 g (5.71 oz)
- SIM Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- DISPLAY Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 5.5 inches (~76.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density)
- Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Chipset HiSilicon Kirin 655
- CPU Octa-core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU Mali-T830MP2
- MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Internal 32 GB, 3/4 GB RAM or 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- CAMERA Primary Dual 12 MP + 2 MP, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video 1080p@30fps
- Secondary 8 MP
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth v4.1, A2DP, EDR, LE
- GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Infrared port Yes
- USB microUSB v2.0
- Fast battery charging
- Battery Non-removable 3340 mAh battery
- Colors Silver, grey, blue, rose gold
Honor 6X Availability
As seen from the specs alone, this phone really done seem exciting for a low cost. China is getting first dibs on the new Honor 6X on October 25, 2016. There has not been any news of when the phone will be released to the rest of the world. Be sure to stay tuned to Bane Tech for when the Honor 6X comes to the States and other countries.
Honor 6X Highlights
There’s plenty features coming with the Honor 6X and a few to take note of. The body style is not too much different that what we saw last year. However, that’s not a bad thing at all. The body is constructed of aluminum giving it a premium feel and look. Last year in my review of the Honor 5X I asked a few people of what their first impressions were and a common highlight was the build quality making it feel more expensive that what it really costs.
The Honor 8 passes the torch of dual camera technology. Meaning, not the dual camera we are seeing compared to the iPhone 7 or LG G5, LG V20. Those are basically two separate lens/cameras with their own functions for wide angles. The Honor 6X dual camera works like a pair of eyes to help focus on subjects in a unique way. This allows for some cool blur/bokeh effects.
Face recognition has been added this time as well. Coming from the Note 7 using the iris scanner, I am hoping it might be just as good. What’s good about such features is that when the fingerprint sensor is not able to be used this an option that allows to the user to unlock the screen. It also adds another level of security.
The battery is actually pretty big. It’s a 3340 mAh battery, which should give some great all day battery life, plus more depending on usage.
Screen size is set at 5.5 inches and that is a happy medium. 5.5 inches is a great size for how phones are constructed these days. In the past phones had (some still do) big bezels, which did not allow one-handed use. Most of the time the bezels are cut down to a minimum and gives more screen real-estate.
Honor 6X Pricing
As mentioned above the Honor 6X is launching in China and not yet available in other countries, but we are still able to see about how much it will cost in USD.
- 999 Yuan (~$150) for the 3 GB RAM/32 GB internal storage model
- 1299 Yuan (~$190) for the 4 GB/32GB version
- 1599 Yuan (~$240) for 4 GB of RAM with 64 GB of internal storage space
Thanks for taking the time to read this post and sincerely hope it was found helpful and enjoyable! Please feel free to leave thoughts down below in the comments and don’t forget to subscribe to Bane Tech on YouTube, Periscope, Google+, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram!
Source | Honor